Freitag, 23. Oktober 2015

A Day in.... Munich?! (feat Fall Out Boy)

Saturday 

Everyone wants to go home at some point. There were some au pairs who went back for good because they were too homesick or because their new families didn't measure up to their expectations. And that's ok. If it doesn't work out it wouldn't be of any good for anybody involved to continue. You wouldn't really put any effort into it, they would be disappointed, you already are. If you feel like you can't do it, talk to them, talk to other au pairs and your family.
I went home - or at least back to Germany - for a Fall Out Boy concert only. I bought the tickets for my friend and me before I decided to be an au pair and to be honest, I love them way too much to sell my ticket. Luckily, the concert was on a Saturday.

My flight was at 7am, which means I had to get up at 3:30am. I was more excited than tired and after almost one hour in two night buses and another hour in a coach I reached Gatwick South Terminal at 6am. Still enough time to have breakfast, go through security and get to the Gate.
The flight was ok, I listened to music and read one of the books I took with me so that my family could take it back home. I brought a lot of them in the last two months - those damn charity shops! I already know this is gonna be a problem once I leave the country, they will be way too much and way too heavy.

In Munich I not only met my family at the airport but also my friend who was going to the concert with me. After some trouble finding the hotel we would stay in and later finding parking space in the middle of Munich - great idea dad - we went for a little shopping trip. At half past four we split; the two of us searched for the underground to get to the event, my family carried on shopping.
On the train we also met some other girls who obviously headed for the same destination. This kind of things are like a big game of 'spot the emo' if you ask me. at least you make some friends with the same interests, one of the best ways of making friends. Definitely better than approaching random strangers in the streets.
We might have had some trouble finding the venue, which was totally not my fault I swear!, but when we finally arrived we still had almost two hours until the doors opened. So I did what I was planning on doing: recreating the make-up from the "American beauty/ American psycho" album cover. I think I did rather well.

And it was amazing. Truely amazing. The atmosphere was ecstatic and full of energy without being overwhelming. Even the supporting act, a Londoner called Charley Marley, was entertaining and had a really nice voice, though it was more on the hiphop side and not really my cup of tea. Everyone was singing along and lets be honest, Fall Out Boy is one of the best live acts I've ever seen. Scratch that, it was without a doubt my favorite concert so far.

  1. Sugar, We're Goin Down
  2. Irresistible
  3. The Phoenix
  4. A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me"
  5. I Slept with Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
  6. Thriller
  7. Alone Together
  8. The Kids Aren't Alright
  9. This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
  10. Immortals (acoustic)
  11. Young Volcanoes (acoustic)
  12. Drum Solo
  13. Dance, Dance
  14. American Beauty/American Psycho
  15. Jet Pack Blues
  16. Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy
  17. Fourth of July
  18. Uma Thurman
  19. Thnks fr th Mmrs
  20. I Don't Care
  21. Centuries
Encore:
  1. My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)
  2. Saturday

I really liked the setlist, a mix of old and new songs (and a few of my favorite ones as well). I had a good place, somewhere in the middle and slightly to the right in the line of the loudspeakers. Pete kept announcing the next song by making little puns and even tell the fable of the frog and the scorpion that wanted to cross a river - no idea how he decided on this one as an intro for Irresistable to be honest, but it was really funny and entertaining. For two songs - Immortals and Young Volcanoes - they left the main stage and came to a tiny stage in the middle of the ground which was extremely close to where we were standing. And oh, it sounded amazing and you could actually see how happy Patrick was when everyone was singing along. While they got back on stage Andy put his heart and soul into an amazing drumsolo. Being shirtless was another plus on my list. Joe got on the steps and joint Andy up there for a little while.
Leaving the stage the first time, because everybody knows there is always gonna be an encore, the whole crowd simultaneously hummed/sang the melody to My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up). After that and Saturday they left for good. By that point I was exhausted, covered in sweat and and my knees hurt more then ever before. But it was totally worth it, I mean I even got a really cool and fuzzy FOB sweater! We got a drink and said goodbye as I was gonna spent the next day with my family alone.





Sunday

Sunday was a family day. After having breakfast and packing our stuff we went to the Old Pinakothek, an art museum in Munich, for several hours. It was nice, but after the exhausting night a lot to take in. We ate in a Pakistani restaurant just around the corner and we were lucky to actually get a table. I love this kind of food for it is spicy and tastes really rich. We then headed for the airport. My flight back didn't go until 10pm, but it was a rainy Sunday in Germany, which means the shops were closed so there really wasn't anything to do. Instead, we walked through the airport shops and had a drink.
At around 7pm we said our goodbyes. After all, they still had an 3 hours drive back home. Which means they were still way faster than me. I wasn't home until 1:15am UK time!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen